Click here to view the Implementation plan for Manitoba Spiritual Health.
Click here to view the presentation by Julie Turenne Maynard to the Bill 6 Legislative Committee on June 11th, 2012.
SUMMARY – ISSUES OF CONCERN TO OUR MEMBERS
- Bill 6 ignores and contravenes the basic principles that have been negotiated in long standing agreements with government and the Regional Health Authorities (RHAs).
- Bill 6 is tantamount to a breach of trust.
- Bill 6 is an affront to the legitimate and value laden role and significant contribution of the nine (9) faith-based groups that own and operate health and social service organizations in Manitoba.
- Bill 6 increases the ability of bureaucracies, the RHAs, to unilaterally impose their will on private corporations in matters fundamental to their autonomy;
- The ability of private corporations to carry out their distinctive missions and mandates, to innovate and experiment, to choose and retain their own leaders, to connect with particular communities of supporters, can all be crucial to their success in providing care that fits the needs and aspirations of clients, residents and patients and their families.